Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reaching the Ward's Goal

Hey everyone! 
This week is going to be awesome in Dry Creek! Sister Sims and I will be baptizing 6 people!! Our bishop made a goal at the beginning of the year to baptize 6 people and the stake president told him to re-evaluate and come up with a more realistic goal. Our bishop persisted and now we're reaching that goal! The Lord's work is moving forward! On Wednesday night we'll be baptizing our 10 year old investigator! We're so excited because he's be waiting for so many months! We're even more excited to baptize our family on Saturday! Our ward has been so great to take them in and they've offered all they can to help! Our biggest worry is that our the father of the family won't have a jumpsuit to wear! He's 6'8 and a big guy! We're going to call the temple to see if we can use one of theirs! We're so excited though! 
We got to spend the 4th with our family! They're the greatest. They made us these really yummy tacos with this cut of steak that was so good! And I don't even like tacos! So you know it had to be good! We tracted for a few hours on the forth and it was the most brutal thing ever! SO HOT OUTSIDE! We got into a few peoples homes but we didn't get to teach them. I think they just had mercy on us. We'll go back in a few weeks and say hello again. Its hard for my companion to tract because so many people reject us, so we often stop and take a "crying break". She usually feels a lot better after but it makes me worry I'll be asking for  "crying break" when I hit 11 months in. nah. I'll be okay. 
The work is hard and the days are long but I love the work! I always panic when I think about how much time I have left! In two months I'll only have a year!! I love you all and I miss you! 

Love, 
Sister LeStarge 

No comments:

Post a Comment