Saturday, February 13, 2016

So Much Awesomeness

Here we go!

    Okay so I'm super excited to tell everyone about all awesomeness that happened in my life this week! The first thing is tutoring. I never had a tutor until college, and now that I have one it's the most incredible experience! I get one on one attention, to ask all the questions I need and for no charge! I can't think of a better deal! The tutor I met with was the sweetest girl on the planet (with possible the best hair ever too). Feeling a little panicked about the test I have to take next week, I was in dire need of help so ....I booked a 2 hour appointment! Sorry to monopolize your time? I wasn't kidding though, I felt so unprepared for the test. However! Now after having met with her I feel so much better!
   We started with a review of the 6 principles of IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). Which I definitely didn't know because I could only name two before I needed to look at my notes. Although I'm a champ and will tell you them all without looking!

1. FAPE (Free appropriate public education)
2. Non-Discriminatory Evaluation
3. LRE (Least restrictive environment)
4. Due Process
5. Individualized Education (IE)
6. Zero Reject/ Child Find.

Okay maybe I peeked for the last two at my notes...I'll have to keep studying...Another portion of studying with my tutor I was pleased with was reviewing the 13 categories that children with disabilities qualify under. This is where my tutor had some great ideas! She had me draw out a little stick figure girl and point to where each of these categories would apply! So for example, by my figures lips I drew an arrow and labeled "speech language impairment", neat huh? I was so excited to be able to remember all 13 in this way, visual help really works people! Now having studied for the test I feel like I have a clue as to whats going on! Bring on the test!!

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment